Foot Reflexology is the practice of applying pressure to and massaging certain areas of the feet. The aim is to encourage healing and relieve stress and tension. It is also used to improve general health and well-being.
Reflexology treatment is based on the principle that certain areas of the feet - called reflexes - are linked to other areas on the body through the nervous system. The arrangement of the reflexes has a direct relationship to the area of the body they affect. For example, the right side of the foot is linked to the right side of the body. While the tips of the toes correspond to the head. The liver, pancreas and kidneys connect to the arch of the foot, and the lower back and intestines towards the heel.
In a typical reflexology session I will palpate and apply pressure to certain reflex points on the feet. The aim is to stimulate energy flow and send signals around the body - targeting areas of tension and pain.
Health benefits of Reflexology:-
- Stress reduction - Studies suggest that reflexology can aid in alleviating the negative effects of stress.
- Relaxation - The therapy encourages the body and mind to enter a deeply relaxed state.
- Soothing tired feet - The techniques and special hand movements can help to ease tension and pain in the feet.
- Reducing pain - Research suggests that Reflexology is an effective pain reliever.
- Improving circulation - Reflexology helps break down deposits in the blood stream which can affect circulation.
- Enhancing overall well-being - Many people use Reflexology on a regular basis to support health and wellbeing.
For more information about reflexology or to book an appointment, please call or text Clare on 07707984397
1 hour foot reflexology including foot and leg massage - £35